Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Surprise! Another FREE Vote embroidery pattern!

 


Ok, you may think I'm going overboard with these VOTE embroideries but  I can't help it. I keep coming up with more ideas. I'll keep going until election day.

This one has 100 years on it in honor of the suffragettes who fought for women's right to vote. Sadly this didn't include black women who were sidelined from the mainstream suffrage movement. They were finally given the right to vote in 1920. Did you watch the PBS series called 'The Vote' on American Experience? If you get the chance I hope you will.

BTW. I already voted, did you?


I appliqued the star fabric with blanket stitch, then did a pink stem stitch followed by grey chain stitch around the outside of the heart.The text is backstitched with only 1 strand of floss. I used a variety of stitches to make the flower cluster. These are stitches I did for the embroidery group I belong to. Go to facebook and search for TAST or go to the web site, pintangle using this link.


Right click the pattern to save it to you hard drive. You'll need to print a pattern for tracing then you'll need to cut out the right side for the fabric pattern. You may want 2 patterns printed.

 

©Billie Jo Heisler 2020
All rights reserved

 Disclaimer:
I drew this design by hand then used a software program to edit it.
Please consider the drawing copyrighted. You have my permission to print copies of the drawing in any size for your own use but not to share or sell. If you want to share the pattern please link to the blog pages.
The embroidery design is my own. I have not knowingly copied anyone else's work.