Saturday, October 24, 2009

Almost done with new site!

I have 2 sites for heisler's creative stitchery finished! They are the same except one is at and the other is at my old tripod addresses. I thought I'd do 2 in case one is down. That happens a lot, I've come across it. When you want free sites I guess you have to expect it. I'm now waiting for godaddy to ok my free space with them. I didn't know it would take at least 24 hours or I would have signed up for it last week. I got the free space because I have my domain with them. I plan on putting an opening page here with links to the 2 sites. It will be the page that is I may eventually put yet another mirror site at godaddy. A quick promo for webs. I really like them and they only require a button or bar on each of your pages. It's great that they let you choose from an assortment. I was able to get a small red button that looks great at the bottom of my pages. Of course the tripod sites have ads top and bottom with no choice of what kind. I had the 2 adresses from when I first started a web site so I thought I'd use them.

Google finally moved my googlepages over to sites and now it's a mess! I'm going to have to do a lot of work on it so I can use it for doll photos again.

Ok, I admit it. I DIDN"T make anything new for Halloween! I've been so busy with the web sites and sewing a few things for local customers I just didn't have the time. Now that it's too late I'm tatting a mask. I found the directions from totusmel at etsy. Here's a picture of her version:

With all the boxes and bags of thread I have I didn't have the size 10 in black I needed for this so I'm tatting it in ecru. I have black in every other size. I'm really enjoying tatting again and have the fall tatting patterns almost done. Then will come writing the directions. I think I'll give customers a choice on buying the patterns with or without the basic directions. I'll be able to lower the price a bit, too.
I'm off to try to fix my googlesites pages. Will fix the links at the side when I get them done.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Getting site moved!

Finally I'm getting around to moving the business site before geocities closes. BTW, they closed one of my sites with no explaination. It was for the psp classes I took. Luckily I still had all the files on my old computer so I made sure to burn them to a cd.

I spent way too much time searching for a free site or at least one that wasn't expensive. I finally gave up and decided on and I'm so very happy with them! Such a tiny button to have to have on the free site. I was even able to get a red one! Very, very easy to use! Just wish they offered a better upload. With the free version you only get to upload one picture at a time. Here's a real link to the home page as I haven't switched from the geo site yet.

Today I was working on getting the pattern pages up for each of the patterns I sell. I managed to get 9 up on the google pages site before it went wonky. Gave up and came over here. It may have to do with it still being on pages. Don't know when they will ever get my pages moved to the new 'sites' place. Have to admit how much easier it would be to be able to just copy and paste the code from geocities instead of the 'what you see is what you get' way they are set up. I decided on them just because of no ads and the chance to get in on the new sites pages. I may give up and put them all at the webs site. I'm just a bit worried about the bandwidth so that's why I put the patterns on a separate site.

Hope you'll take a look!