Sorry this is late but at least I am getting it up. It's been busy and I just kept putting it off. There have been a lot of free art classes lately, too. I make the time to watch them but don't have time to do any of the art. Very frustrating! Lifebook2023 taster sessions are going on till the 9th. Hopefully Tam will extend them another week so I might be able to do a few classes.
If you want to do other free embroidery designs you'll find one for each month.
Here are the directions for October's freebie.
1. Cut a square of your background fabric 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". If you aren't adding borders like I did you should cut the fabric larger so it will fit in your embroidery hoop.
2. Using a permanent fine tip marker like a Pigma pen, trace the designs. For the flowers skip the dots. You can also skip the grass lines and just stitch them where you want them. The leaves can be marked with a dot at the tip and at the stem.
3. Add the corner triangles. I did a blanket stitch along the edges that won't be covered with the borders.
4. Add the borders following the directions in the freebie posted in February.
5. Starting with the stems use 2 strands of floss (I used DMC 702) to back stitch on the lines. You can also substitute stem stitch.
6. Next are the leaves. I used 2 strands of floss to do small lazy daisy stitches (I used DMC 702).
7. For the grass use 2 strands to back stitch or straight stitch each blade (I used DMC 704).
8.The rose are made with 2 strands of floss (I used DMC 601) to make the spokes. Use all 6 strands to weave.
9. You can do French knots for the dots or use seed beads like I am
10. Optional: add clusters of buttons or beads on the triangles.