Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Here's the November Free Embroidery! and a chat...

 



It's been a crazy time yet again. The fridge broke in the summer and because it was so old no one but one guy wanted to work on it. He couldn't fix it so we had to get a new one. Now it's the old freezer. Since we couldn't wait this time we bought a small chest freezer. AND if that wasn't bad enough the DH found out his old Jeep will take about $3,000 to fix to pass inspection. I'm so worried that my old Pontiac Vibe won't pass either. It goes in next week. Guess this is proof hanging on to old appliances and cars may not be a good thing unless you know how to fix them.

Oh well, let's move on and here's the new embroidery.

If you want to do other free embroidery designs you'll find one for each month.

Here are the directions for November's freebie. 

1. Cut a square of your background fabric 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". If you aren't adding borders like I did you should cut the fabric larger so it will fit in your embroidery hoop.

2. Using a permanent fine tip marker like a Pigma pen, trace the designs. You can also skip the grass lines and just stitch them where you want them. The leaves can be marked with a dot at the tip and at the stem.

3. Add the fabric corner triangles and rectangle. I just basted them in place. Since the fabric was solid I put a piece of dotted ribbon over the rectangle. You can sew the pieces down however you like. I'm going to add beads instead of just sewing the fabric in place so I'm leaving the basting stitches until then.

4. Add the borders following the directions in the freebie posted in February.

5. Next are the stems and leaves. I used 3 strands of floss to do the stem in stem stitch. The leaves are small lazy daisy stitches using 3 strands of floss. (I used DMC 701 for both).

6. For the grass line use 2 strands and chain stitch along the line. The grass is made with 1 strand of floss to do straight stitches. (I used DMC 704 for both).

7.The flowers are made with 6 strands of floss to do buttonhole stitch in circles (I used DMC 725).

8. You can do French knots for the dots or use seed beads for the knots on the leaves. I used 3 strands of floss (I used DMC 725).

9. Optional: add clusters of buttons or beads on the triangles.


Right click the pattern to save it to your hard drive. 




©Billie Jo Heisler 2022

All rights reserved

 Disclaimer:

I drew this design by hand then used a software program to edit it.

Please consider the drawing copyrighted. You have my permission to print copies of the drawing in any size for your own use but not to share or sell. If you want to share the pattern please link to the blog pages.

The embroidery design is my own. I have not knowingly copied anyone else's work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading messages from those who have kind words to share. I tend to only get on blogger once a week so if you leave a post that requires an answer please be patient with me, I will answer. If you are a troll PLEASE don't post. There's enough meanness in the world, don't add to it.