Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Blog Links & More

I decided it was time to add some blog links. The newest are from friends at my ebay group SEHA.

I'm having a 10% off Christmas items at my ebay store! It will last until the end of the month and then I'll remove all Christmas things until Nov. In case you're wondering I don't put the Halloween items on sale. Just sold 3 of my Halloween dolls. The green witch and cat, the mardi gras/pierot cat, and one of the half cat doll witches. YEA! Thanks so much Jennifer!

Still planning on closing the store for Feb. so I can do a lot of updating. I love the brown and blue but the colors always look awful with my holiday doll listings. I'm planning on doing it over in black and white like my etsy store. Same with my web site. I'm finally tired of the blue, lace and pearl buttons so I just need to take the time to work on new graphics for everything.

Have been leaving many of the groups I belong to at yahoo and ebay. I just don't feel like spending the time it takes to check in all the time. I wish I could find a group at ebay for my folk art and art dolls but I just haven't found one that I want to join that's taking new members. Plan on leaving my mini bear group at the end of the month. Seems stupid to pay a membership fee when I don't participate in the group.

Great News------ I was contacted by Doll Crafter & Costuming magazine!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are interested in printing one of my designs. I actually submitted it by email last year and didn't hear back from them but I've found this is normal for the magazine industry. I've even had magazines pay me for a design and then never get around to using it! It's much harder to sell designs now than when I first started in the late 80's, not as many doll magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading messages from those who have kind words to share. I tend to only get on blogger once a week so if you leave a post that requires an answer please be patient with me, I will answer. If you are a troll PLEASE don't post. There's enough meanness in the world, don't add to it.