Friday, February 22, 2008

Life Intrudes With Loss


Life intrudes again on my blog. This time with the loss of my baby girl, Spice. She had just turned 16 on the 6th of Feb and though she had been ill since last Sept. ,when she had a stroke, I thought she'd be with me longer. She was a sweet huggy dog child who will be missed beyond measure.



A friend sent this poem:


Tribute To A Best Friend

Sunlight streams through window pane unto a spot on the floor....

Then I remember, it's where you used to lie, but now you are no more. Our feet walk down a hall of carpet, and muted echoes sound....

Then I remember, It's where your paws would joyously abound. A voice is heard along the road, and up beyond the hill, then I remember it can't be yours....

Your golden voice is still. But I'll take that vacant spot of floor and empty muted hall and lay them with the absent voice and unused dish along the wall.

I'll wrap these treasured memorials in a blanket of my love and keep them for my best friend until we meet above.

Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading messages from those who have kind words to share. I tend to only get on blogger once a week so if you leave a post that requires an answer please be patient with me, I will answer. If you are a troll PLEASE don't post. There's enough meanness in the world, don't add to it.