Tuesday, August 2, 2022

August Freebie and a chat------

 And here it goes again........ another problem appliance. This time it's the starters on the gas stove. I mean what's next? Oh yeah it was the facet on the basement sink leaking for days and no one noticed. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't touch stuff just in case I break it. Then there were the 3 times my car was almost hit. It was like I look and no one is around then a car comes going WAY too fast for the road and I'm screaming and moving as fast as I can to get out of the way. 

It's been just too crazy this year. I got a Fitbit so I can work on all the anxiety I'm getting from life. There are videos to listen too to help get calm. It's also helping me keep track of exercising and how little sleep I get.

So let's just move on and I'll list the freebie.



If you want to do other free embroidery designs you'll find one for each month.

Here are the directions for August's freebie. 

1. Cut a square of your background fabric 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". If you aren't adding borders like I did you should cut the fabric larger so it will fit in your embroidery hoop.

2. Using a permanent fine tip marker like a Pigma pen, trace the designs. For the flowers just make a dot for the french knots on the end. Only mark the tips. You can also skip the leaves and just stitch them where you want them.

3. Add ribbon, lace, or a piece of fabric on the right side. Notice that my ribbon is pinned in place. I'm still deciding what I'll do on it, I may just add beads and not the embroidery.

4. Add the borders following the directions in the freebie posted in February.

5. Starting with the stems use 2 strands of floss (I used DMC 701) to stem stitch along each stem line.

6. Next I did the leaves, though you can do them later. I used 4 strands of floss to do chain stitches in 2 shades of green floss (I used DMC 701 and 703). Make as many leaves as you want.

7. Fill in the flower ovals with french knots make with 3 strands of floss (I used DMC 807) and did 3 wraps.

- Use 2 strands of floss (I used DMC 598) to make lazy daisy stitches at the bottom of the ovals. Do 2 -3 rows following the photo for placement.

8. At the bottom make the X's with 3 strands of floss (I used DMC 807).

Right click the pattern to save it to your hard drive. 



©Billie Jo Heisler 2022

All rights reserved

 Disclaimer:

I drew this design by hand then used a software program to edit it.

Please consider the drawing copyrighted. You have my permission to print copies of the drawing in any size for your own use but not to share or sell. If you want to share the pattern please link to the blog pages.

The embroidery design is my own. I have not knowingly copied anyone else's work.