Tuesday, July 12, 2022

July's late but still free embroidery


 

This embroidery has a big empty space. I'll be adding a charm there with some beads. I'm also planning on putting beads in the center of each flower. I may add some beads along the edge of the triangles. I'm using pink and green fabrics but this embroidery done in blue would look like forget-me-nots. You can also add more flowers and leaves.

If you want to do other free embroidery designs you'll find one for each month.

Here are the directions for July's freebie. 

1. Cut a square of your background fabric 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". If you aren't adding borders like I did you should cut the fabric larger so it will fit in your embroidery hoop.

2. Using a permanent fine tip marker like a Pigma pen, trace the design. Don't draw the lines for the flowers, just make a dot for the french knots on the end. Notice that the french knots are marked on the pattern. Add them where you want or use seed beads. Since the flowers and the leaves are made with lazy daisy stitches you may want to skip marking the leaves and just use the photo for placement.

3.  Pin the triangle pieces of fabric to the white background fabric following pattern for placement. I used my favorite Heat n Bond by Therm-o-web to attach the triangles. Then I did a blanket stitch with 3 strands of floss (I used DMC 601).

4. Add the borders following the directions in the freebie posted in February.

5. Starting with the vines use 3 strands of floss (I used DMC 704) to stem stitch along the lines.

- For the curls use 2 strands of the same floss to do tiny back stitches.

6. Make the flowers with 4 strands of floss (I used DMC 603 and 604) and do lazy daisy stitches.

- For the center use yellow floss or seed beads. For french knots use 3 strands of floss doing 3 wraps. I plan on using beads. 

7. The leaves are made with 4 strands of floss (I used DMC 703) for the lazy daisy stitches. I used long anchor stitches at the tips. Add more if you want.

8. Add french knots around the flowers using 3 strands of floss (I used DMC 601). Use beads of you prefer.




Right click the pattern to save it to your hard drive. 


©Billie Jo Heisler 2022

All rights reserved

 Disclaimer:

I drew this design by hand then used a software program to edit it.

Please consider the drawing copyrighted. You have my permission to print copies of the drawing in any size for your own use but not to share or sell. If you want to share the pattern please link to the blog pages.

The embroidery design is my own. I have not knowingly copied anyone else's work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading messages from those who have kind words to share. I tend to only get on blogger once a week so if you leave a post that requires an answer please be patient with me, I will answer. If you are a troll PLEASE don't post. There's enough meanness in the world, don't add to it.