Thursday, May 30, 2024

Finally- the May stitch


 

If you've been reading my blog you know it's been a weird year for me but I finally took some pics of the next embroidery.

The center of the flowers are just straight stitch but you could fill the space in with french knots. I used 2 strands of  DMC 3078.  Fill in the circle space with simple stripes of straight stitch.

The petals are lazy daisy stitch. I used 2 strands of DMC 550 for 2 petals and 552 for the other 2. I didn't want the petals to blend so I used 2 colors of purple. Fill in the bottom circle with lazy daisy stitches in a stripe or however you like.

The next color I'll be using is one of the newer DMC colors, number 25. It's a very light purple. I've chose these purples based on pansys I have growing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading messages from those who have kind words to share. I tend to only get on blogger once a week so if you leave a post that requires an answer please be patient with me, I will answer. If you are a troll PLEASE don't post. There's enough meanness in the world, don't add to it.