Thursday, July 1, 2021

Ta Da, here's the free July embroidery!


 

Here it is the freebie for the month. It was inspired by this fat quarter I bought at Walmart.

You won't find the tiny fishes on the pattern because I added them after I had already drawn it. They are a twisted chain stitch. I also added a chain stitch on the boat. It just seemed to need some sort of stitch to decorate it. I'm thinking filling it in with buttonhole stitch would have been better. 

The tiny birds are just straight stitches with a french knot for the body. I chain stitched the top of the heart with light blue and the bottom with dark to make the wave. Then I added yellow running stitch. I haven't sewn it to any fabric yet because I may use the anchors instead of the boats. I'll do another row of running stitch when I do sew it on the square.

Here's the pattern:


 Right click the pattern to save it to your hard drive. You'll need to print a pattern for tracing then you'll need to cut it out for the fabric pattern. You may want 2 patterns printed.

 
©Billie Jo Heisler 2021
All rights reserved

 Disclaimer:
I drew this design by hand then used a software program to edit it.
Please consider the drawing copyrighted. You have my permission to print copies of the drawing in any size for your own use but not to share or sell. If you want to share the pattern please link to the blog pages.
The embroidery design is my own. I have not knowingly copied anyone else's work.