Monday, March 29, 2010

Closed ebay store again -

Been busy this month sewing a few dragons for Andrea, getting taxes done, working on tatting, fighting a cold, and reading a lot. The rabbit pattern got lost in the amount of stuff I was doing. I still have to do 2 more pattern pages, go over the directions for mistakes, and order cover pictures. Missed the Easter season again with this pattern.

Today I closed my ebay store again. I was planning on closing it for the spring and summer like I did last year but with the increases in fees I'm not sure I'll be reopening it. You can still contact me there by sending me a message and I'll keep my ME page up.

Last week I opened a store at http://www.artfire,com/. I now have to start filling it. Interesting site and I hope they get enough traffic so I can sell there. I'll add a link here when the store is up and running.

I'm also a member at indiepublic and cloth doll artistry. When I get some info up at those sites I'll add the links.

Started working again on a pattern I started back in Feb. for a gift bag doll. She was set aside because I just can't decide on how to dress her. This week I plan on sorting her hair. I figure if I can do just one thing a week I might actually be able to get her done.

Last week I ordered the most beautiful dyed thread from yarnplayer's store at etsy. Her threads are so gorgeous I had a hard time deciding on what to buy. She has inspired me to have a go at dying thread. I have some old balls that were given to me and are dirty. I thought I could wind skeins, then wash then, and then try dying them. That's a job for warmer weather though. I have dyed threads with natural dyes but now I want to try the Procion dye.

Hope you all have a great Easter weekend!