Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Nightmare of November Continues into December

I was hoping that this month was going to be better but it's not. Here's the run down on what's been going on so far.

1. Did get the dryer finally fixed but had to try a new guy. He seems ok but does charge more. Fingers crossed that he didn't nick the dryer belt or do anything else. I know I'm such a pessimist!

2. Was so excited when I finally got new end tables, a coffee table, and a leather lazy boy. It was all expensive stuff but saved a ton as the store was closing. I've been putting off getting new furniture because the cat tended to scratch everything ( he died so that was no longer a problem), my oldest dog (15) has accidents that include both ends, and the other 2 dogs race around and jump on the furniture. The lab also has another problem, he has the need to 'cover' over the Spice's pee accidents. She got stuck when I was moving furniture to clean and peed on the floor. Murphy not only peed on the spot, but on her, and the new leather chair! Didn't see him but as the other dog is small we knew it was him. Cleaned it up and used odor remover. Guess that wasn't enough because he did it again yesterday. Ready to have a stress induced break down.
3. Then there's Paypal shipping. For 3 days I had trouble printing postage. For one customer I had to retype her entire address because they wouldn't ok it. After 9 times and 3 days it finally went thru. Dial-up is a pain put this made it even more aggravating.

4. The cold I've had since the beginning of Nov. is playing come and go. One day I feel fine and the next it's back. I'm wondering if it's just allergies again.

5. I'm working on 3 elves and 3 snowgirls right now but it seems every time I get started on them something comes up, DOGS-PHONE-COMPUTER-HUSBAND-SHOPPING-HOUSE-MAIL-DOGS.
6. I've really got a case of over stress and it's causing the bah humbugs. I did get the outside of the house decorated but nothing is up inside. I also dread getting the mail each day cause there might be another Christmas card. I'm just not in the mood to send any.
7. Joined in one of my ebay group's Christmas ornament exchange. Made sure to finish the gift and get it plus some extra tatted wreath pins in the mail before the deadline. Haven't heard from my exchange partner and she hasn't bothered to post that she got mine. Guess she's too embarrassed to admit she got her gift but never send one.
8. Found out for sure that Kodak won't fix my camera and can't find suggestions on how to fix it. Don't know whether to see if a guy in Pittsburgh who work on cameras can fix it or not. So , so, so upset over this. It's just another example of our throw-away society when you can't get things fixed.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Managed to get all five of the tree toppers up but no nibbles yet. I find it amazing when I see other doll makers getting $200, $300, even over $400 for their cloth dolls. I need to find a group of people who like my work!

Here are a few pictures. For more go to my store from the link at the right side of the blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading messages from those who have kind words to share. I tend to only get on blogger once a week so if you leave a post that requires an answer please be patient with me, I will answer. If you are a troll PLEASE don't post. There's enough meanness in the world, don't add to it.