Sunday, April 21, 2024

The April free embroidery and why it's so late

 I've had a crazy few months. First I changed internet suppliers and that became a HUGE mistake. I got rid of them after a few weeks. I smashed a finger which kept me from doing all the embroidery and tatting I've been working on. Then came the regular flu for a week. Next was having no gas. That meant no furnace, stove, hot water, or dryer. From all the days and days of rain the gas line cracked and had to be replaced. That was the worst. It all meant even when I did have internet I wasn't feeling well enough to get online. The stress really wore me out.

So here's April's results. I beginning to think that this project is probably not to many embroiderers liking. We'll finish it but next year back to fun pieces.


April's stitch is the herringbone. Follow the photo for the sections it should be done in and the direction of the stitches. Notice that they are some what close together. There is no tracing for these stitches. If you need the full pattern go to the Jan. post.

I used 3 strands of DMC 581 to fill in the 5 areas.

©Billie Jo Heisler 2024
All rights reserved

 Disclaimer:

I found the pansy on a 'free to use' clipart site. I made changes like adding more of the flowers, leaves, the butterfly, and the circle using a software program to edit it.

Please consider the drawing copyrighted. You have my permission to print copies of the drawing in any size for your own use but not to share or sell. If you want to share the pattern please link to the blog pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading messages from those who have kind words to share. I tend to only get on blogger once a week so if you leave a post that requires an answer please be patient with me, I will answer. If you are a troll PLEASE don't post. There's enough meanness in the world, don't add to it.