Sunday, April 26, 2020

Ideas for the 1st keep calm embroidery pattern -


I've been trying to decide what to do with this series of embroideries. I'm thinking of bordering them with dotted fabrics that match the colors in the embroidery. For this one I got out my collection of yellows, golds, and added a green.The reason I'm working with dots is because I'm thinking of sewing all the embroidery pieces to a white tote bag. Using dots for all the design gives it a matched look rather than scrappy even with the different colors and sizes of dots.

Other ideas I came up with was to put each one in an embroidery hoop, add some ribbon, beads and other things. Then I could hang them on the wall or give as gifts. I also thought of making pincushions or sachet bags with them. My last idea was to sew this sunflower design to a piece of sunflower fabric I have and turn it in to a small wallhanging.


This might be an option,too. I designed this 4 sided bag for my summer tatting pattern. You can find it at my etsy store.

Maybe after I finish the 4 I have designed I'll have a better idea of what to do with them. I'll be finishing design 2 this evening.