Friday, April 24, 2020

Free embroidery pattern for a month


This pattern is no longer a freebie. Look for one every month around the 24th.When the new one goes up the old comes down so make sure to get it before it's gone ;)

---------------------------------------------------

I'm taking a break on the sewing embroideries and doing some to remind us to keep calm. The cross stitch community is doing a series called #bewell so I thought I design something for people who prefer regular embroidery. I'm not sure how many there will be in this series. So far I have 2 done and have 2 more drawn but not stitched.

I chose to outline stitch most of the the design. The first version I did I fully embroidered each area. I'd show that one but I made a lot of changes to the design. I wanted something that could be done in a few evenings and the first version wasn't like that. I didn't add the lines on the sunflower leaves so you can stitch them like I did in the pic above or do them however you like.

I'm having trouble with my printer. It's smearing everything I print on fabric. This all-in-one is not as good as my old Canon that was just a printer. I don't know if it's the way the fabric/paper is pulled thru or if it's the ink I'm using but it's driving my crazy.

I traced this design using a Micron pen in sepia. When it came time to do the bee dashes, I just did dots. You may want to leave them off and free-style the dashes. The tiny dots on the edges of the heart are done with french knots but beads would be really good for them. Same for the pink clusters of french knots on the vine. For the center of the sunflower I did some tiny rice stitches. They are basically mini straight stitches. I surrounded them with 2 rows of french knots, one brown and one gold. Most everything is done in back stitch. I did the vine stems in stem stitch and the heart is very tiny chain stitch.

In case you missed my post on the drawing classes I've been taking I wanted to mention #johannabasford, Johanna's web site again. My design was inspired by her classes. She's doing a live class Monday thru Friday on her Facebook page. They are about 1/2 hour. Some are drawing and some are coloring. There are more free classes and printables on her site on the Happy Place page. The drawings she's sharing would be fun to do as embroideries if you wanted to work on something larger.

Sorry if you didn't get last month's pattern. Look for another next month and remember the patterns are only up for 1 month. This one will be up for free until May 24 and then it will be replaced with a new one.Click on the drawing then right click to save it to your hard drive.




©Billie Jo Heisler 2020
All rights reserved

 Disclaimer:
I drew this design by hand then used a software program to edit it.
Please consider the drawing copyrighted. You have my permission to print copies of the drawing in any size for your own use but not to share or sell. If you want to share the pattern please link to the blog pages.
The embroidery design is my own. I have not knowingly copied anyone else's work.