Monday, June 29, 2020

It's late but for a good reason - the monthly freebie


This has been a changing and challenging time for most of us. I had an embroidery all ready to post weeks ago but after seeing so much about how we need change in this world to stop hate, I had to design a new heart. Love and peace leads to understanding which creates unity. I think this heart would be fantastic done in rainbow colors, too.

I used DMC floss for the embroidery. Here are the colors and stitches I used:
the heart - 2 strands of green 3346, chain stitch
the loop - same thread but stem stitch, then wrapped with 2 strands of 603 pink
the dots on the heart 3 strands 742 yellow gold, french knots
the flower vine - 2 strands 3348 green, feather stitch(starting at sides and meeting at loop); at each tip - 2 strands 603 pink, french knots
vine flowers - 3 strands variegated yellow 90, lazy daisy; fill in the flowers with 2 strands of 603 pink, straight stitch; at the base of each flower - 2 strands 3348 green, french knots
flowers in loop - 3 strands 603 pink, 5 petal lazy daisy with 2 strands 90 variegated yellow french knots; leaves - 2 strands 3348 green, lazy daisy
text - 2 strands black, back stitch; dots on text - 2 strands 742 yellow gold, french knots

I won't be taking this heart down. It will stay on the blog for free. Here's the pattern:

Right click on the drawing to save it to your computer.

I didn't add the flowers to this pattern so you could make your favorite ones or do the ones I did. Another option if you want to do a rainbow veraion is to skip the flower vine and keep outlining the heart with a variety of colors, or just do all the french knots in rainbow colors. Instead of flower inside the loop, you could add a bird charm or 2, turn it into a peace sign, or fill it in with multi colors of beads and french knots. I just may have to take my own suggestions and make another in rainbow :)


Edited 7-11-20
Ok, I made the rainbow version and wanted to share the pic of what I did. I used my collection of rainbow fabrics for inspiration for the colors.



Sorry if you didn't get last month's pattern. Look for another next month and remember the patterns are only up for 1 month except for this one. This one will be up for free for as long as the blog is up.
Click on the drawing then right click to save it to your hard drive.




©Billie Jo Heisler 2020
All rights reserved

 Disclaimer:
I drew this design by hand then used a software program to edit it.
Please consider the drawing copyrighted. You have my permission to print copies of the drawing in any size for your own use but not to share or sell. If you want to share the pattern please link to the blog pages.
The embroidery design is my own. I have not knowingly copied anyone else's work.


Please wear a mask and stay safe.