Wednesday, August 31, 2022

September Free Embroidery early!!!!


 

Hey, I'm a day  early! The DHs bd and our anniversary is this week and we'll be celebrating tomorrow since he'll be working on the weekend. I have all of the embroideries done (finally), now comes putting them all together so I can get a pic for Dec.

If you want to do other free embroidery designs you'll find one for each month.

Here are the directions for September's freebie. 

1. Cut a square of your background fabric 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". If you aren't adding borders like I did you should cut the fabric larger so it will fit in your embroidery hoop.

2. Using a permanent fine tip marker like a Pigma pen, trace the designs. For the flowers skip the lines and dots in the petals. You can also skip the grass lines and just stitch them where you want them. Don't draw the lace lines unless you plan on embroidering on them.

3. Add ribbon, lace, or a piece of fabric along the top edge. I'll be adding  beads after the blocks ae sewn togther.

4. Add the borders following the directions in the freebie posted in February.

5. Starting with the base of the flowers use 2 strands of floss (I used DMC 702) to fill in each section with lazy daisy stitches. It will take at least 4.

6. Next are the flower petals. I used 2 strands of floss to back stitch along the drawn lines (I used DMC 603).

7. Fill in the flower petals following the diagram. Do 1 French knot at the top of each petal with 2 strands of floss (I used DMC 604) and did 2 wraps.

- Use the same floss for the long straight stitches following the photo for placement.

8.The stems and leaf curls are made with 2 strands of floss (I used DMC 702). Stitch on the traced lines doing a back stitch.

9. At the bottom make the grass with 2 strands of floss (I used DMC 702) for straight stitches. Add as much as you like.

Right click the pattern to save it to your hard drive. 



©Billie Jo Heisler 2022


All rights reserved

 Disclaimer:

I drew this design by hand then used a software program to edit it.

Please consider the drawing copyrighted. You have my permission to print copies of the drawing in any size for your own use but not to share or sell. If you want to share the pattern please link to the blog pages.

The embroidery design is my own. I have not knowingly copied anyone else's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading messages from those who have kind words to share. I tend to only get on blogger once a week so if you leave a post that requires an answer please be patient with me, I will answer. If you are a troll PLEASE don't post. There's enough meanness in the world, don't add to it.