Sunday, August 2, 2020

A new stitch-a-long freebie for the month


Here's number 4 in my keep calm series, get it while you can :) It's free for the month and will be removed when I put up the next one. Last month's stitchery is still up and will stay up for free.


I traced this design using a Micron pen. When it came time to do the leaves, I just did dots where the top and bottom would be. They are not all drawn on the pattern so you can be free to add as many or few as you like. I did a few at the top so you could see the sizes I made them. Leave them off if you don't like them.

I was going thru my older thread boxes and found I had a lot of Ginnie Thompson and DMC flower threads so decided to use some. DMC stopped making them but you can still buy the Ginnie threads. The Ginnie Thompson site says one strand of flower thread is equal to 2 strands of embroidery floss.

Here's an explanation of the stitches I did. Since I don't want to type Ginnie Thompson over and over I'll be using GT for it. The heart is done in GT 463 thread using a chain stitch. The dots on the heart are 3 wrap French knots using 2 strands GT275. The flowers are buttonhole stitches made with GT 290. The centers are 2 strands DMC 2748 4 wrap French knots. The leaves are 2 strands GT 463 to make the lazy daisy stitches. The text is GT 457, 1 strand doing back stitch. I added sheer pink and green seed beads around the flowers.

Sorry if you didn't get the first 2 patterns. Look for another next month and remember the patterns are only up for 1 month. This one will be up for free until Sept. 1 and then it will be replaced with a new one.Click on the drawing then right click to save it to your hard drive.




©Billie Jo Heisler 2020
All rights reserved

 Disclaimer:
I drew this design by hand then used a software program to edit it.
Please consider the drawing copyrighted. You have my permission to print copies of the drawing in any size for your own use but not to share or sell. If you want to share the pattern please link to the blog pages.
The embroidery design is my own. I have not knowingly copied anyone else's work.