Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Problems with health and computer

Wow it's been a bad year so far. I hurt my shoulder in Dec. and it's still bad. Then my left ear started to plug up mid-Jan. I went to a nurse about it all and the meds she put me on made me sicker. I don't tolerate medicine. Now I have another cold. Jack brought one home from work and kindly :) shared it. Between not feeling well and the bad weather I haven't been going out much.

In Jan. my computer stopped working. I got out the old one that runs win98 and will only work with dial-up so I'd at least have something to check mail with. I forgot just how slow dial-up is! Guess having to use IE6 doesn't help either. My husband took the xp computer to best buy's geek squad. One week and $200 later they said it could be the mother board, the hard drive, or a corrupt xp file and since it's old (5 years) we should just get a new one. We were both so mad. I called Dell seeing how much a motherboard is and they changed the subject to buying a new one. My husband was ready but I said no. I found an ad in the local paper for 1hourpcfix. At first we were worried about taking it there but since they had a free if they can't fix it and 39.99 if they can. Turns out it needed a new hard drive the old one had failed. They loaded msoffice 2007 and psp10, too. we had office200 and psp9. Still getting programs installed and trying to catch up on everything online. Only 105.98 for that! Love these guys, hope they stay in business.

Hoping for better days!