Thursday, November 12, 2015

Been posting at Facebook instead of here

I've been posting at Facebook when I have the time instead of blogging. I just can't seem to find the time for both.

Yesterday I took the cover photo for the next season of tatting pattern. This one is summer. I had way too much trouble with the last pattern for it. I was all set to put the 4 tatted pieces on a fabric banner but couldn't find fabric I liked so I looked for scrap paper that matched. I found the perfect tablet of matching papers and extras stuff for decorations. After cutting out the rectangles and triangles and starting to decorate them I stalled again. It just didn't "talk" to me so I knew it wasn't what I was supposed to be doing with the tatting, I set it aside for 2 months, coming back to it again and again but not moving forward with it. Two weeks agao I knew I had to put it all away and come up with something new. That's when it came to me, another bag. I finished it quickley so now all that needs done is finishing the directions and ordering the cover photos for those who prefer a printed pattern.

Of course saying that's all that needs done doesn't mean I can finish it quickly, not with the puppy. She takes a lot of my time. With so many interuptions I find I can't concentrate on writing for very long.

Here's a peek at one of the patterns from the new Summer Pattern.