Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I love Halloween!

Wow! here I am back again. Just had to post a few new pics. This pumpkin lady is Lissette and she's holding a black key wrapped in orange tinsel garland. After I finished her she insisted I just wasn't done and wanted a butterfly mask. I thought about sewing one or making it from paper mache but then I remembered I had bought some transparencies to try making wings for my fairies. I printed a few and one came out perfect so after I get it coated with gloss varnish a few times I'll attach it to a painted wood skewer, add some ribbon, cut out the holes for the eyes and she'll have her mask. I'll post the pic when I get it done. She's up on ebay right now but I'll have to revise the listing when I get her mask down.


This is Stella, a witchy cat. I couldn't decide if she was a cat turned into a witch or a witch who turned herself into a cat. I liked her so much I decided she needed a sister so that's how Calliope came about. When I was selecting the fabric for the clothing I just got the idea that this cat was going to be white instead of the traditional black. I found this great dotted fabric by Moda at a quilt show I went to a few weeks ago. I look forward to it every year and stock up on great Halloween and Christmas type fabrics. Both are up at my ebay store.

Have been thinking seriously about closing my ebay store in Jan. The fees are so high I'm not making much on tatting supplies. I think if I'd spend more time on my etsy store I could get it moving better. Etsy just added a catagory for art dolls so when the ebay listing end I'm going to move them over there. I've found other store owners at ebay don't keep them open all year around because of the slow times and not wanting to pay the rent. Maybe I should have a go at consignment sales for other artists that don't want to have a store? A lot to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading messages from those who have kind words to share. I tend to only get on blogger once a week so if you leave a post that requires an answer please be patient with me, I will answer. If you are a troll PLEASE don't post. There's enough meanness in the world, don't add to it.