Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Nightmare of a Month

I could have done without this month.

First my husband decided to take a trip to Michigan for 9 days. I was all excited thinking I'd have so much time to finish the bag doll pattern, make some things for Halloween, and catch up on some projects around the house but life had other plans for me. The Sat. morning he left started out well. I was working on tidying my sewing room while my 15 year old springer spaniel slept. When I heard her moving I went to check on her and found she was having trouble standing. Thinking it was just because she was on the bed I lifted her off and carried her outside, that's when I realized she couldn't keep her balance. After taking care of her all day I was sure she had a mini stroke. My Mom came to stay to help me (Love Ya Mom!). I refused to take her to the vet knowing he'd just suggest putting her to sleep so I feed her Rice Dream milk with an eyedropper, got her to drink pedialyte, and barely slept so I could get up when she tried to get up. Amazing but by Wednesday she was walking on her own again and eating (as long as it wasn't dog food). When my husband got home he was surprised she had improved so much. We had been on the phone everynight talking about her. She still has a slight tilt to her head but no other problems. She's even eating her Iams again.


While I was so busy taking care of her, my cat died. He was the same age and hadn't been in good health all summer. We had been talking about having him put to sleep but decided to put it off until after the trip.


Next 2 friends died. Both of cancer but still it was a shock. This week will be the 20th anniversary of my fathers death. He died way too young of a heart attack.


In between all this pain and grief I've been making Halloween items for my eBay store. I've got mini crochet teddy bears in ornie cones, small mohair bears dressed in Halloween prints, some witches, and a cat. Here's a close-up of one of the witches I made:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading messages from those who have kind words to share. I tend to only get on blogger once a week so if you leave a post that requires an answer please be patient with me, I will answer. If you are a troll PLEASE don't post. There's enough meanness in the world, don't add to it.